[3dem] dm3 vs dm4 format?

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Tue Apr 16 09:13:59 PDT 2019

Hi,

    One of our microscopes has a Gatan OneView camera.  Users keep switching back and forth between saving images in dm3 or dm4 format.  I would prefer to use one or the other, but I don't really know whether it matters which.  I know that the dm4 format metadata can easily deal with exposure times, number of frames, etc. and so I suspect it is a "better" format for this camera.  But that info may also be hidden in the dm3 metadata also, and if so, I'm sure I can parse it out.  Does anyone have comments or preferences?  Thanks.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047D Simon Hall