[3dem] Cryo-EM support staff position opening

Elizabeth Montabana emontabana at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:34:02 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues

Please pass this job opportunity along to any outstanding junior scientists you know or are mentoring.

Thanks

Liz Montabana

***************************************************************************************************************************

Stanford-SLAC seeks to hire a cryo-EM support staff member to assist in the operation of our state-of-the-art cryo-EM facility, including 2 Titan Krios and 1 TF20 Microscope. We are looking for a masters or bachelors level scientist to aid in day-to-day operations of the facility – including maintenance, training and set-up of data collection. This position includes the possibility to participate in collaborative projects with Stanford scientists.

Our ideal candidate would be familiar with transmission electron microscopy and eager to learn new techniques, tackle new challenges, and would enjoy interacting with a wide variety of users and projects.

Desired Qualifications include:

•           BA or MA in structural biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field
•           2-3 years of TEM experience, with expertise in handling samples, using microscopes and evaluating data – experience with cryo-TEM is a plus.
•           Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
•           Familiarity with computational image processing
•           General understanding of single particle cryo-EM workflow

Please follow link to apply: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/life-science-research-professional-2-6154 <https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/life-science-research-professional-2-6154>

Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.