[3dem] cryoEM Papers Twitter bot

Frederic Pierre Benoit Poitevin fpoitevi at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 18 16:56:01 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We’d like to bring the <https://twitter.com/cryoEM_Papers> @cryoEM_Papers<https://twitter.com/cryoEM_Papers> Twitter bot to your attention. The bot surveys the cryoEM literature for you. We thought it might help our community keep up with the large flow of publications it produces, and provide a central point where it can be accessed.

Based on the PaperBots twitter app written by FX Coudert, @cryoEM_Papers scans journals RSS feeds (see <https://docs.google.com/document/d/14PnFQSeiDLG1Df6IuiAXzm56xLpijc3-n1ye5WqFmn4/edit?usp=sharing> this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/14PnFQSeiDLG1Df6IuiAXzm56xLpijc3-n1ye5WqFmn4/edit?usp=sharing> for the most recent list) for articles whose title or abstract contains one of a predefined set of keywords specific to the field.

The bot does not understand context, it only looks for keywords, and it can only look for them in what the RSS feed provide… so if you come across a paper that has been missed by the bot, please let us know via direct message, or by sending an email to cryoempapers at gmail.com<mailto:cryoempapers at gmail.com>

Thanks,

Fred and Cornelius