[3dem] PhD position is available in the Müller-Reichert lab, Dresden, Germany

Julia Mahamid julia.mahamid at embl.de
Tue Sep 18 10:01:13 PDT 2018

Dear list,

A PhD position is available in the Müller-Reichert Structural Cell Biology Group at the Medical School of the TU Dresden (Germany):

Structural analysis of cortical constriction in mammalian cytokinesis

We are interested in the constriction of the intercellular bridge during mammalian cytokinesis. We apply a combined approach of room temperature correlative light microscopy and serial-section electron tomography (Guizetti et al., Science 2001; Mierzwa et al., Nat Cell Biol  2017), together with  cryo-FIB/cryo-electron tomography (Mahamid et al., Science 2016) in collaboration with the Mahamid lab at EMBL, to study the ultrastructure of ESCRT-III-dependent filaments.

We are looking to recruit a highly motivated PhD student to the Müller-Reichert/ Mahamid lab in parallel. The candidate should have a strong interest in biological electron microscopy and three-dimensional reconstruction of macromolecular complexes.

The position is funded for three years through a DFG grant. Latest starting date: March 31st, 2019.

Applications including a letter of motivation, an updated CV and a contact for reference should be e-mailed by October 15th, 2018 to:

Prof. Dr. Thomas Müller-Reichert

Experimental Center,

Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus

Technische Universität Dresden

Phone: +49 351 458-6442

E-mail: mueller-reichert at tu-dresden.de

Cheers, Julia

Julia Mahamid
Structural and Computational Biology Unit
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstrasse 1
69117 Heidelberg
Germany