[3dem] Leaking loading stations

Mario Borgnia mborgnia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:20:39 PDT 2018

In all units we have used here in North Carolina (four so far), the white
plastic insert deforms as it cools down. This is probably due to
anisotropic shrinking and likely related to the shape and casting of the
plastic. Strains accumulate and the side cracks close to the bottom.
The failure of our units (two of them) was not due to abuse. We warm up the
units at room temperature and dry them in air between uses. The cracks
developed always as we began filling them with nitrogen. IMHO, the failure
is due to design flaws.