[3dem] Leaking loading stations

Subangstrom info at subangstrom.com
Fri Sep 7 21:08:03 PDT 2018

Hi Michael,

I never fill past the top of the plastic lip (see photo). When nitrogen
overflows past the lip it flows between the styrofoam and plastic and
will indeed leak through the white plexiglass, crack it, and exit the
bottom. To get the station cool I do several iterations of pouring, each
time less nitrogen boils off, and I never exceed the top of the plastic-
no leaks.

Another alternative to fill the gaps is to seal it with a piece of
falafel. :-D Hope you're doing well.

Best,

Mark

www.subangstrom.com