[3dem] Leaking loading stations

Claudia Lopez lopezcl at ohsu.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:19:46 PDT 2018

Hi Michael,
Yes, this happened to us on several transfer units. We received a prototype from TFS in which the insert is made out of metal (see attachment). This one of course doesn’t crack, but it burns LN2 much faster and if you don’t have a well-controlled environment there is plenty of frost build up. I am not sure they are still working on this other type of transfer station or not.

Also, we stopped baking our units (37 C) and this has prevented, so far, the plastic transfer units we still own to crack. The other thing you want to make sure is not to overfill the transfer station.
Regards,

Claudia

Claudia S. López, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Director Multiscale Microscopy Core
Co-Manager Pacific Northwest  Center for Cryo-EM (PNCC).

Phone: 503-418-0186
Oregon Health & Science University
LVMS Mail Code: CL-P2M
2730 SW Moody Ave