[3dem] Postdoctoral position in ion channel structure with cryo-EM available immediately in the laboratory of Crina Nimigean at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City

Crina Nimigean crn2002 at med.cornell.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:42:22 PDT 2018

Dear all,
We have an immediate availability in the lab for a postdoctoral position to investigate ion channel structure and mechanism with single-particle cryo-EM. The work in the lab is geared towards developing a mechanistic understanding of ion channels using functional and structural techniques. We are located at the Weill Cornell Medical College on the upper east side of Manhattan, within the vibrant and international tri-Institutional scientific community, which is comprised of Rockefeller University, Memorial Sloan Kettering and Weill Cornell. We have screening electron microscopes on site, within the newly established cryo-EM core facility at Cornell, and we have full access to state-of-the-art Titan Krios microscopes for high resolution data collection at the New York Structural Biology Center in Manhattan.
Qualifications and experience: Candidates should hold a Ph.D. and have a solid background in biophysics, protein biochemistry, or structural biology.  Experience with linux operating systems and command line interface is required. Experience with single-particle cryo-EM or other cryo-EM skills, as well as electron microscope operation is highly desirable. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, and ability to work in close collaboration with other researchers are required.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references by email to Crina Nimigean at crn2002 at med.cornell.edu<mailto:crn2002 at med.cornell.edu>.
Thank you,
Crina Nimigean
Crina Nimigean, Ph.D.
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Professor of Physiology and Biophysics in Anesthesiology
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
http://physiology.med.cornell.edu/faculty/nimigean/lab/

Department of Anesthesiology, Box 124
525 East 68th Street, Room A-1050