[3dem] Post-doctoral and graduate student positions available

tolung.bio at gmail.com tolung.bio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:31:02 PDT 2018

Dear fellow cryo-EM researchers,

I am looking for a post-doctoral fellow and PhD students to join my group.
We are studying protein complexes that carry out processes involving nucleic
acids, such as DNA recombination and replication, and RNA transcription.

More details are available here:

https://smah.uow.edu.au/chem/contacts/UOW241602.html

My group is a part of the Molecular Horizons program, which is the
largest-ever investment by UOW. Our Talos Arctica with a phase-plate is
operational, T12 is being installed, and Titan Krios with a phase-plate is
delivered and expected to be operational by the time the new members would
be joining my group (within the next few months).

For more information about this program, please check the following links:

https://media.uow.edu.au/releases/UOW222995.html

https://vimeo.com/201952363

https://www.uow.edu.au/about/molecularhorizons/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ffeRd3Opk

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRPAC6SPrg>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRPAC6SPrg

Candidates who have expertise in cloning, protein overexpression and
purification (ideally, from both bacteria and insect cells), and of course,
cryo-EM (including computer skills such as familiarity with Linux and
scripting/coding), will be preferred.

If you feel enhusiastic about conducting research in my areas of interest,
and have the relevant education and training, please send me a brief
expression of interest message (200-300 words) describing your past
education and research training.

Cheers,

Gökhan Tolun, M.S., Ph.D.

Senior Lecturer

School of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health (SMAH)

University of Wollongong, NSW, 2522, Australia

Tel: +61 2 4221 3365