[3dem] CCP-EM: Instruct Workshop for High Resolution Model Building and Refinement (4th Icknield)

Tom Burnley tom.burnley at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 05:22:50 PDT 2018

Dear all,

Further to lasts week message...:

1) Mea culpa... to my shame I forget to include 'Instruct' in the title of
the workshop.  They are kindly supporting this workshop.

2) Places to register interest are filling up rapidly so if you would like
to come please register soon:

cvent.com/d/btq6g6

This course is aimed at structural biologists with high resolution EM maps
ready for / in the process of model building and refinement. This four day
course (1st-4th May) will host some of the leading software developers and
provide ample contact time to allow delegates to discuss their data in
detail alongside traditional lectures and tutorials. It will cover all
aspects of model building including: map optimisation, docking, automated
model building, medium resolution refinement, high resolution refinement,
interactive refinement, validation and deposition.

The course will be held at the RAL / Diamond Campus, Harwell, UK, site of
the eBIC national facility. Registration is free and we will provide food
and three nights accommodation at the Bear Hotel in nearby Wantage (nights
of 1st, 2nd and 3rd May). Please note that during the application process
you will be asked if you would like to make an accommodation request - if
you would like accommodation provided for you free of charge please select
yes and let us know which nights you would like. If you do not want
accommodation provided for you please select no. Delegates are asked to
meet their own travel costs. Please see the agenda for full course times.

The course is limited to 20 delegates who will be selected from all
applicants.  A maximum of 50 applicants can register interest.

Applications will close on ***Wednesday 28th March*** and the 20 successful
applicants will be informed the following day. Please note the short
registration time as we would like to strongly encourage applicants to work
on 'live' datasets.

* Registration site
cvent.com/d/btq6g6

* Confirmed tutors / topics:

Tristan Croll (Cambridge)
ISOLDE: Interactive model building/real-space refinement based on
interactive molecular dynamics

Kevin Cowtan (York)
Buccaneer: automated model building

Paul Emsley (MRC-LMB Cambridge)
Coot: macromolecular model building, model completion and validation

Arjen Jakobi (Delft)
LocScale: scaling tool using prior model information to improve map
contrast

Oleg Kovalevskiy (Murshudov group, MRC-LMB Cambridge)
Refmac: refinement of high-resolution EM structures

Ardan Patwardhan (EBI)
EMBD: deposition in EMBD

Joerg Schaarschmidt (Bonvin Group, Utrecht)
Powerfit: Fast and sensitive rigid-body fitting into cryo-EM density maps

Maya Topf (Birkbeck)
FlexEM: fitting and refinement of atomic structures guided by cryoEM density

Best wishes,

Tom

--
Dr Tom Burnley, PhD
CCP-EM | @ccp_em <https://twitter.com/ccp_em>* | *www.ccpem.ac.uk

Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
The Research Complex At Harwell
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, R92
OX11 0FA
01235 56 7871