[3dem] Tip-side leak on Gatan 626

Buecker, Robert robert.buecker at mpsd.mpg.de
Fri Jun 22 07:40:03 PDT 2018

Dear List,

we are having a problem with an old (1984) Philips-type Gatan 626 cryo-transfer holder which we are using in a Tecnai F20. After it had caused venting of the column several times while inserting or rectracting, we found using a pump station that it must have a leak on the tip-sided seal between column and dewar vacuum (the base pressure in the pump station did not fall beyond 2e-5 mbar, and venting the dewar while inserted raised it to 1.5e-3).
Did any of you ever have that problem, and if so, do you know of some way to fix it without sending it in for service?

Best regards,
Robert

--
dr. robert bücker
 max planck institute for the structure and dynamics of matter

 robert.buecker at mpsd.mpg.de
 http://www.mpsd.mpg.de/68786/Femtosecond_Diffraction