[3dem] Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging Opening Symposium - 10th & 11th September 2018

David Bhella David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 23:49:40 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Please see below registration details for the SCMI opening event this September.
Registration is free and we have a fantastic programme planned.
Richard Henderson will formally open the centre and keynote speeches will be given by Keichi Namba and Yoshi Fujiyoshi.

The SCMI will serve the structural biology communities of Scotland and Northern England, providing access to high-performance cryoEM capabilities.
We are among the first to adopt the JEOL CryoGrandARM (Z300) as our frontline instrument and the opening event will be an opportunity to see the microscope and our first data.

There will also be opportunities for a small number of offered short talks. If you would like to present your work at the event please email abstracts to scmi at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:scmi at glasgow.ac.uk>

Best wishes,
D.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fb47cc0037f082870347d2bb5/images/19ebefd7-7242-43e9-b00a-a60ad1854766.jpg]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/fb47cc0037f082870347d2bb5/images/823e6732-9d78-4f8f-8b55-18054e006a62.png]

Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging
 Opening Symposium

Cryogenic-Electron Microscopy –
Seeing the Machinery of Life

10th & 11th September 2018

Beatson Lecture Theatre
The Beatson Institute
University of Glasgow
Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1BD

Join us to celebrate the opening of the Centre and to be informed about the technology of cryogenic electron microscopy (CryoEM), with talks from world-leading investigators from around the globe.

Please register your attendance<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/scottish-centre-for-macromolecular-imaging-opening-symposium-tickets-45233390288>

Dr David Bhella
Director - Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging

MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research
Sir Michael Stoker Building
Garscube Campus
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow G61 1QH
Scotland (UK)

[University of Glasgow: The Times Scottish University of the Year 2018]