[3dem] Two Wellcome Trust funded positions available to work on molecular machines in DNA replication

Speck, Christian chris.speck at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 09:04:05 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Two 3 year Wellcome Trust-funded positions are immediately available in the Speck lab at Imperial College London UK.
"Cryo-EM studies of the yeast and human replication machinery"(MED 185 / MED186)
For details please see http://www.specklab.com/vacancies/
We are looking for two highly motivated and ambitious individuals to join investigations into the structure and function of large DNA replication complexes. We will use a multidisciplinary approach to tackle complex biochemical problems by combining cryo-EM and other biochemical and biophysical methods. You will have access to the Imperial College London and MRC-LMS Cryo-EM facilities and the Titan Krios (K3) of the LonCEM consortium. For candidates with background in crystallography, training in cryo-EM can be provided.

Closing date: 22/01/2018
Please circulate to potential candidates,
Christian Speck

Professor Christian Speck, PhD, FRSB
Chair in Genome Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Wellcome Trust Investigator

Imperial College London
Faculty of Medicine
Institute of Clinical Sciences (CRB room 3006)
Hammersmith Hospital Campus
Du Cane Road
London W12 0NN

Tel: 0044 20 8383 3387