[3dem] Set value and actual magnification differ

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 20 11:25:22 PST 2018

Sergej,

    We occasionally run into the situation where there seems to be a partial loss of communication between the microprocessor in our JEOL 3200FS and the PC that runs the Gatan CCD camera.  The camera continues to work (records images, allows user to change exposure times, etc.), but it gets stuck with regard to magnification changes and switching between TEM and STEM.  The only solution seems to be to restart DigitalMicrograph.  I don't know whether you are seeing a similar problem, but maybe.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047D Simon Hall