[3dem] Gatan 914 holder - should shutter close further than this?

Richard Gursky richardpgursky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 07:32:06 PDT 2018

Hello All,
Yes, the shutter rod is adjustable by the closure slide end.  I think a
long time ago I did it myself by turning the button in opposite directions
to loosen the clamping on the rod.  See if the button is knerled or not.
But please call Gatan for advice!  How is the Vacuum in the Dewar when you
get done using the Holder?  May be that you are at a point of use in the
Holders life that the Vacuum seals on the Holder body are leaking, again I
would contact Gatan for advice.  I used to talk with Mike Dods for Holder
repairs 724-779-2523, but not sure he is still with Gatan.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Ritch Gursky