[3dem] 2018 Purdue Cryo-EM Symposium, Nov 6-8

leifu chang changleifu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:21:39 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We are announcing the Purdue Cryo-EM Symposium to be held on November 6-8
2018. The goal of this meeting is to gather cryo-EM enthusiasts from around
the globe to discuss topics including sample preparation, data collection,
image processing and applications of cryo-EM. We will be hosting a range of
speakers that will share their recent progress and developments.
Application deadline is *Friday, August 31*. More details can be found in
the website of the symposium https://www.purdue.edu/cryoem2018/

*Keynote Speaker*

Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology)

*Invited Speakers*

Yifan Cheng (UCSF)

Wah Chiu (Stanford University)

Tamir Gonen (UCLA)

Yuan He (Northwestern University)

Grant Jensen (Caltech)

Hong Jin (University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign)

Werner Kühlbrandt (Max Planck Institute of Biophysics)

Jun Liu (Yale University)

Steven J Ludtke (Baylor College of Medicine)

Alfonso Mondragon (Northwestern University)

Daniela Nicastro (University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center)

Abbas Ourmazd (University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee)

Eduardo Perozo (University of Chicago)

Vinothkumar Kutti Ragunath (National Centre for Biological Sciences, India)

John Rubinstein (University of Toronto)

Phoebe Stewart (Case Western Reserve University)

Peijun Zhang (University of Oxford)

Minglei Zhao (University of Chicago)

Z. Hong Zhou (UCLA)

We look forward to meeting many of you in November.

Best wishes,

The Organizing Committee

Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University

West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA

*Co-chairs*

Wen Jiang, Leifu Chang

*Committee members*

William Cramer, Richard Kuhn, Angeline Lyon, Nicholas Noinaj,

Michael Rossmann, Cynthia Stauffacher, John Tesmer