[3dem] Scipion v1.2 released

Pablo Conesa pconesa at cnb.csic.es
Tue Apr 3 03:53:47 PDT 2018

Dear EM community,

We are very pleased to announce the release of a new version of Scipion:
v1.2. We have put our efforts in improving the Streaming functionality
to work better in facilities. We have also updated some EM packages
versions and done some bug-fixing and enhancements.

For more details, please go here
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/Release-Notes#v12-2017-04-02-caligula>

I want to thank all the people in our group (I2PC center) for their
contribution, and more specially those NOT in our lab that are actively
improving Scipion, either developers contributing integrating EM
packages/methods and facilities betatesting and running recent
developments . For a more detailed list please see:
http://scipion.i2pc.es/acknowledgements

Scipion currently targets 3 different users:

  1.- CryoEM users
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/User-Documentation>, mainly SPA at
the moment

  2.- Facility managers
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/Streaming-Processing> that runs
CryoEM facilities and want to implement an automatic processing pipeline

  3.- CryoEM methods developers
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/Developers-Page>: yes!....Scipion
does not do image processing as such, but talks nicely with software
that actually do image processing. Why not making your method available
to all our user base?

<http://scipion.i2pc.es/download_form>

Download link <http://scipion.i2pc.es/download_form>  - How to install
<https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/How-to-Install>  - Contact us