[3dem] gold fiducials

dchretie denis.chretien at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Sep 14 06:34:34 PDT 2017

Dear Daniel,

We routinely use 10 nm gold NPs coated with a mixed PEG-peptidol matrix prepared according to :

Robust ligand shells for biological applications of gold nanoparticles
Duchesne L., Gentili D., Comes-Franchini M. and D.G. Fernig
Langmuir, 2008, 24:13572-13580

We rarely see interactions with proteins. They occasionally tend to stick to some types of lipid vesicles, notably at the air-water interfaces.

Best wishes,

Denis

> Le 14 sept. 2017 à 14:35, Wright, Elizabeth R. <erwrigh at emory.edu> a écrit :
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> We use these…
> BSA-treated tracers, EM grade (EMS, cat. no. 25486).
> You can also make your own BSA-treated gold, protocols outlined in Iancu et al., Nature Protocols (2006).
>
> Good luck!
>
> Liz
>
> ----
> Elizabeth R. Wright, PhD
> Associate Professor
> Emory University
> (404) 727-4665
> erwrigh at emory.edu <mailto:erwrigh at emory.edu>
>

> From: 3dem <3dem-bounces at ncmir.ucsd.edu <mailto:3dem-bounces at ncmir.ucsd.edu>> on behalf of Levy Daniel <Daniel.Levy at curie.fr <mailto:Daniel.Levy at curie.fr>>
> Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 8:03 AM
> To: "3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu <mailto:3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu>" <3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu <mailto:3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu>>
> Subject: [3dem] gold fiducials
>
> Dear All,
> The 10 nm ProteinA gold fiducials that we use in cryo-ET experiments strongly interact with one of our proteins of interest. Do you have any suggestions for a 10 or 6nm gold fiducials ?
> Best
> Daniel Lévy

> prohibited.

Université de Rennes 1