[3dem] Liposomes in ice

Parent, Kristin kparent at msu.edu
Fri May 12 07:28:08 PDT 2017

Hi Reza,

We've had great luck with this. What are the size of your liposomes? Ours have been smaller sizes less than 500nm.

I've had better luck with glow discharged grids than plasma cleaned ones for getting the lipids into the holes (longer discharge helps too) I also manually freeze instead of using a vitrobot. Quantifoil R2/2 work well. For some really large liposomes we had better success with 3.5/1 grids since they have bigger holes.

Other than that there wasn't anything special. Buffer was just 10 mM tris with 10mM magnesium.

Hope this helps. Kristin

Sent from my iPhone