[3dem] Opportunities at Schrödinger: Senior Scientist, Cryo-EM Model Fitting

Frank Pagliaro frank.pagliaro at schrodinger.com
Thu May 4 12:41:06 PDT 2017

Schrödinger, a computational chemistry company funded in part by Bill
Gates, has over 300 engineers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists,
structural biologists, biochemists, biologists and support staff, all
dedicated to revolutionizing drug discovery through the development and use
of breakthrough computational methods. Through significant long-term
investments in basic research, we have made scientific advancements across
many areas of drug discovery and have contributed hundreds of peer-reviewed
scientific publications, which are frequently among the most heavily cited
in their fields. These advancements have been instrumental in the success
of our structure-based drug discovery efforts (
https://www.schrodinger.com/publications,  https://www.schrodinger.com/news).

We are seeking an expert in developing and applying methods to create and
refine structural models created from near-atomic-resolution
single-particle cryo-EM experiments of proteins. The ideal candidate will
have a demonstrated ability to develop and validate algorithms to locally
refine protein models using a combination of experimental data and
statistical or physical potentials. This position is based in our New York
office.

*Responsibilities:*

- Work as part of a collaborative team to create and validate new
technologies designed to produce high-confidence structural models from
near-atomic-resolution cryo-EM of proteins

- Work with the drug discovery group to deploy these new technologies to
active projects

*Requirements:*

- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related
field with peer-reviewed publications in the field

- Experience working with and/or extending existing protein structure
prediction or homology modeling packages such as Rosetta, Modeller, Prime,
etc.

- Experience working with data from single-particle cryo-electron microscopy

- Experience with scripted or compiled programming languages

- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work as part
of a team

*Preferred Skills:*

- Experience working with pharmaceutically relevant systems such as
kinases, GPCRs, transferases, etc

- Broad knowledge of computational chemistry techniques and their
applications to the drug discovery process

- Object oriented software development experience following good
engineering practices

Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account,
vacation, tuition reimbursement, and a flexible work schedule.

*Schrödinger is an equal opportunity employer.*

If you are interested, please apply through our website:
https://www.schrodinger.com/careers/scientists/senior-scientist-cryo-em-model-fitting

--
Frank Pagliaro
Schrödinger, Inc.