[3dem] Microscopist position at Vironova AB, Sweden

Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc mathieu.colomb-delsuc at vironova.com
Wed Jan 11 04:38:36 PST 2017

Dear all,

A position for an electron microscopist is opened in Vironova AB, a biotech company located in Stockholm, Sweden specialized in electron microscopy services, please see the offer below:

Vironova AB was founded in 2005 as a result of interdisciplinary research at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden and is today a quickly growing company with around 40 employees. Vironova offers unique services for nanoparticle characterization together with hardware (miniTEM) and software solutions (VAS) for advanced electron microscopy image analysis.
Vironova image analysis services are mainly used for characterization of specimens such as viruses, VLPs, liposomes and lipid nanoparticles. With our proprietary in-house developed software (VAS) we offer a unique range of transmission electron microscopy (TEM) image analysis services in accordance to GMP to academia, biotech companies and the pharmaceutical industry (our clients are mainly found in the vaccine and drug/gene delivery industry). Depending on the characteristics of the specimen and the aim of the study Vironova uses different sample preparation methods and TEM-techniques such as cryoTEM, negative stain (nsTEM), ultra-thin sectioning of cells or tissues (utsTEM) and immunogold labeling of antigens (iTEM). Our clients are often using our services in their research and quality control, since factors such as morphology, particle size, ratio of filled and empty particles can be important to the safety and efficacy of e.g. drugs and vaccines.
During 2017 we will launch our table-top TEM, MiniTEM. Getting a client ready for miniTEM might include a lot of different steps, from finding the optimal sample preparation protocol to visit the client giving a course in that specific protocol and how to obtain the best EM images with the system.
As the demand for our services is constantly increasing and we are highly focusing on the launch of the miniTEM, we are now looking for people with experience in both nsTEM and cryoTEM. You will join a team of scientists focusing on delivering projects to the highest quality and on time to our clients, therefore, the person we are looking for has:

Extensive experience in nsTEM and cryoTEM (≥4 years experience)
Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
A good scientific and quality mindset

As a person you are analytical and structured. You like to be part of a team, are committed and responsible. You are a good communicator, enjoy to learn new things as well as being a good educator. As each microscopist in the team are running several projects at a time, you are good in multitasking, flexible and service oriented.
Traveling to clients and conferences might be part of the position.

If you are interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Josefina Nilsson (josefina.nilsson at vironova.com). Please send in your application (CV and a personal letter) before the 15th of January 2017.

Kind regards and best wishes for the end of the year celebrations,

Mathieu

Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc, PhD
Senior Scientist
Vironova AB
Gävlegatan 22, SE-113 30 Stockholm, Sweden
Office +46 8 702 67 90
Mobile +46 70 829 71 02
Registered Office: Stockholm, Reg.No. 556678-1463
www.vironova.com