[3dem] EMBL-EBI is recruiting a Team Leader, Cellular Structure and 3D Bioimaging

Gerard DVD Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Jan 11 08:14:20 PST 2017

Hi all,

We are seeking to recruit a Team Leader for the Cellular Structure & 3D
Bioimaging team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) located at
the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK. EMBL-EBI is a
world-leader in archival and dissemination of 3D biomacromolecular and
cellular structure data. We accept and curate depositions of structural data
for three global archives, PDB, EMDB and EMPIAR. We also maintain a number of
databases that support advanced search, analysis and visualisation services
for structural biologists and the wider scientific community.

The Cellular Structure & 3D Bioimaging team at EMBL-EBI manages the EMDB and
EMPIAR archives and thus plays a key role in the global archival and
dissemination of 3DEM data. We are now looking to recruit a Team Leader to
provide visionary leadership of this team. The team is relatively small at
present (6 posts, funded by EMBL-EBI, NIH, MRC and BBSRC), but we expect it to
grow under the new team leader, as EMBL-EBI is establishing itself as a global
leader in image-data repositories. This is a faculty level position reporting
to Gerard Kleywegt, Head of the Molecular and Cellular Structure cluster.

For more information, see:
https://ig14.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=55513&aid=15470

Feel free to bring this vacancy to the attention of any suitable candidates
you might know.

Best wishes,

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
Head of Molecular and  Cellular Structure
gerard at ebi.ac.uk pdbe.org emdb-empiar.org
PA: Pauline Haslam   pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk