[3dem] postdoctoral position at Centre for Integrative Biology, IGBMC, Strasbourg
klaholz at igbmc.fr
Tue Jan 10 09:07:30 PST 2017
we are seeking an enthusiastic post-doctoral researcher to join the Klaholz group at the Centre for Integrative Biology, IGBMC, Illkirch, France http://igbmc.fr/Klaholz
We are studying the structure and function of protein complexes through integrated structural biology and notably by high resolution cryo-EM. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic and motivated scientist with relevant experience in structural biology of DNA/RNA-protein complexes, ideally with good experience in cryo electron microscopy. For further details please see below.
With best regards,
Some recent publications:
- I. Orlov, A. G. Myasnikov, L. Andronov, S. K. Natchiar, H. Khatter, B. Beinsteiner, J-F. Ménétret, I. Hazemann, K. Mohideen, K. Tazibt, R. Tabaroni, H. Kratzat, N. Djabeur, T. Bruxelles, F. Raivoniaina, L. di Pompeo, M. Torchy, I. Billas, A. Urzhumtsev & B. P. Klaholz. The integrative role of cryo electron microscopy in molecular and cellular structural biology. Biol Cell., 2016, Oct 12. doi: 10.1111/boc.201600042.
- A. G. Myasnikov, S. K. Natchiar, M. Nebout, I. Hazemann, V. Imbert, H. Khatter, J.-F. Peyron & B. P. Klaholz. Structure-function insights reveal the human ribosome as a cancer target for antibiotics. Nat Commun., 2016, 7, 12856. doi: 10.1038/ncomms12856.
- A. Simonetti, J.-F. Ménétret, F. Martin, A. G. Myasnikov, Q. Vicens, L. Prongidi-Fix, S. K. Natchiar, B. P. Klaholz & G. Eriani. Ribosomal 18S rRNA base pairs with mRNA during eukaryotic translation initiation. Nat Commun., 2016, 7, 12622. doi: 10.1038/ncomms12622.
- L. Andronov, I. Orlov, Y. Lutz, J-L. Vonesch & B. P. Klaholz. ClusterViSu, a method for clustering of protein complexes by Voronoi tessellation in super-resolution microscopy. Sci. Rep. 2016, 6, 24084. doi: 10.1038/srep24084.
- L. Andronov, Y. Lutz, J-L. Vonesch & B. P. Klaholz. SharpViSu: integrated analysis and segmentation of super-resolution microscopy data. Bioinformatics, 2016, 32, 2239-2241. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btw123.
- B. P. Klaholz. Structure sorting of multiple macromolecular states in heterogeneous cryo-EM samples by 3D multivariate statistical analysis. Open Journal of Statistics, Special Issue on Multivariate Statistical Analysis, 2015, 5, 820-836. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojs.2015.57081.
- B. Beinsteiner, J. Michalon & B. P. Klaholz. IBiSS, a versatile and interactive tool for integrated sequence and 3D structure analysis of large macromolecular complexes. Bioinformatics, 2015, 31, 3339-3344. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btv347.
- H. Khatter, A. G. Myasnikov, K. Natchiar & B. P. Klaholz. Structure of the human 80S ribosome. Nature, 2015, 520, 640-5. doi: 10.1038/nature14427. Epub 2015 Apr 22.
- Z. A. Afonina, A. G. Myasnikov, V. A. Shirokov, B. P. Klaholz, A. S. Spirin. Conformation transitions of eukaryotic polyribosomes during multi-round translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015, 43, 618-28. doi: 10.1093/nar/gku1270.
- A. G. Myasnikov, Z. A. Afonina, J-F. Ménétret, V. A. Shirokov, A. S. Spirin & B. P. Klaholz. The molecular structure of the left-handed supra-molecular helix of eukaryotic polyribosomes. Nat Commun., 2014, 5, 5294. doi: 10.1038/ncomms6294.
- M. Maletta, I. Orlov, P. Roblin, Y. Beck, D. Moras, I. M. L. Billas & B. P. Klaholz. The palindromic DNA-bound USP/EcR nuclear receptor adopts an asymmetric organization with allosteric domain positioning. Nat Commun., 2014, 5, 4139. doi: 10.1038/ncomms5139.
For ongoing projects and full publication list of the team see http://igbmc.fr/Klaholz
Our group is located at the Centre for Integrative Biology (CBI) at IGBMC, Illkirch/Strasbourg, France, which comprises cutting-edge cryo-EM facilities:
The CBI provides a leading-edge scientific and technological environment in integrated structural biology to address the structure and function of biological systems, notably on gene expression, from the atomic, molecular to the tissue scales. The CBI http://www.igbmc.fr/grandesstructures/cbi/, hosts the French and European Infrastructures for Integrated Structural Biology, FRISBI http://frisbi.eu/ and Instruct https://www.structuralbiology.eu/ which comprises advanced electron microscopy facilities equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation such as Titan Krios and Polara cryo electron microscopes, cryo Focused Ion Beam Scanning Electron Microscope (cryo-FIB/SEM) and super-resolution fluorescence microscopy. The Titan Krios microscope is equipped with Cs corrector, Falcon 2 camera, GIF energy filter, K2 camera and phase plate. In addition, the EM facility has a suite of associated equipments for sample preparation and dedicated computing resources for image processing and 3D reconstruction by single particle cryo-EM and cryo electron tomography (cryo-ET).
Applications should be sent via email to klaholz at igbmc.fr<mailto:klaholz at igbmc.fr> including CV, list of publications, names of 3 referees and motivation letter. The position remains open until filled.
Bruno P. Klaholz
Centre for Integrative Biology
Department of Integrated Structural Biology
Institute of Genetics and of Molecular and Cellular Biology
IGBMC - UMR 7104 - U 964
1, rue Laurent Fries
67404 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
Tel. from abroad: 0033.3126.96.36.199
Tel. inside France: 03.69.48.52.78
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem