[3dem] Post-doctoral/staff scientist position open at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (James M Berger laboratory)

James Berger jmberger at jhmi.edu
Thu Oct 6 12:28:08 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues:
A post-doctoral/staff scientist position is open in my group at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine for researchers trained in advanced EM methodologies.
Applicants should be highly motivated, with a demonstrated track record of impactful publications and experience using single particle cryo-EM approaches, including sample preparation, data collection and processing, and 3D structure determination. Resources available for EM include an FEI Talos equipped a Falcon II direct electron detector for cryo-condition screening and data collection, and a Technai T-12 equipped with an Eagle II CCD for screening and collecting data on negatively-stained specimens. A Titan Krios equipped with a Gatan K2 detector is also the works to be installed late next year.
In addition to EM, the laboratory offers rich training and career development opportunities with complementary structural (x-ray crystallography and SAXS) and biochemical (both bulk and single-molecule) approaches that can be carried out in conjunction with selected research projects. There are a number of ‘shovel ready’ projects available in the lab; for information regarding the types of systems and research problems we work on, please see our website at http://berger.med.jhmi.edu/.
Interested applicants can contact me by email. Please provide a CV, a brief statement of interest, and 3-4 names of individuals who can serve as references.
Thank you for your attention,
James Berger

#################
James M. Berger
Professor
Dept. of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry

Professor and Director
Cancer Chemical and Structural Biology Program
Dept. of Oncology

Address:
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
725 N. Wolfe Street, WBSB 713
Baltimore, Maryland 21205

Phone: 410-955-7163
Lab: 410-955-7167