[3dem] De novo model building from medium-resolution cryo EM maps

Grigory Sharov sharov.grigory at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:16:10 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I'm looking for a software tool for *de novo* model building (no homologous
structures available) based on a medium resolution density maps (5-8 A).
The idea is to get at least a C-alpha trace and map it onto known protein
sequence.

So far I tried Gorgon and e2pathwalker from EMAN2 without much luck and now
looking into Rosetta (not sure it is suitable for my resolution). I wonder
what other people are using for such task.

Best regards,
Grigory

Grigory Sharov, Ph.D.
Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology
Integrated Structural Biology Department (CBI)
1, rue Laurent Fries
67404 Illkirch, France
tel. 03 69 48 51 00
e-mail: sharov at igbmc.fr