[3dem] A postdoctoral opening in Albany, New York

Agrawal, Rajendra (HEALTH) rajendra.agrawal at health.ny.gov
Thu Feb 4 10:50:04 PST 2016

An NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available at the Wadsworth Center, Albany, New York, to study structural aspects of protein translation. Our approach involves a combination of techniques of biochemistry/molecular biology and three-dimensional cryo-electron microscopy. The interested candidate should have a Ph.D. in biochemistry or biophysics. Candidates with prior experience in an area of structural biology, including protein expression and purification, and/or in electron microscopy and digital image processing, will be preferred.

Our lab is fully equipped for all aspects of high-resolution cryo-EM, including a 300 kV FEG cryo-TEM with K2 direct-electron detection camera and a dedicated computing cluster for image processing. In addition, our Center is one of the contributing members of the New York Structural Biology Center in New York City, and have frequent access to their 3D-EM facilities.

CV and contact details of three academic referees should be sent to:

Rajendra K. Agrawal, Ph.D., Wadsworth Center, New York State Dept. of Health, Albany, NY 12201-0509, U.S.A; Tel.: (518) 486 5797; e-mail: rajendra.agrawal at health.ny.gov