[3dem] Faculty position in Structural Biology and CryoEM

Horton, Nancy C - (nhorton) nhorton at email.arizona.edu
Wed Dec 7 12:10:19 PST 2016

Please distribute (see also attached): Faculty position in Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Arizona - any area of biochemistry including structural biology and single particle analysis using cryo-electron microscopy.

The Chemistry and Biochemistry (CBC) Department at the University of Arizona College of Science invite exceptional candidates to apply for a tenure-track faculty position in the department, for a start date in Fall 2017. The successful candidate will have an excellent track record of creative research accomplishments and will join a dynamic research environment in CBC with multiple opportunities to collaborate with researchers across diverse disciplines in both the UA College of Science and College of Medicine. Applicants with research and teaching interests in all areas of biochemistry are encouraged to apply. The University has made substantial new investments in instrumentation in NMR spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography and mass spectrometry and the Department is actively seeking candidates whose research interests complement the research community at the University of Arizona. The rank of these positions is open. Candidates at the rank of Assistant Professor will be expected to develop a vigorous, competitive and externally funded research program. Applicants with highly visible, externally funded research programs will be considered for appointments at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. Candidates must have a commitment to excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The search committee will begin reviewing candidates on January 3, 2017 and will continue until the positon is filled. Applications should include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a statement of research interests and teaching philosophy. Applications should be submitted to http://uacareers.com (Job # F20764). Questions or nominations should be submitted to the department's Executive Assistant, Margaret L. Gomez, at mlgomez at email.arizona.edu or 520-621-5672.

You can also apply at https://uacareers.com/postings/14814

At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.

Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!

?