[3dem] NIH Request for Information: Data Management

Flicker, Paula (NIH/NIGMS) [E] FLICKERP at NIGMS.NIH.GOV
Tue Dec 6 13:14:15 PST 2016

The NIH welcomes responses to a Request for Information announcement on data management.   In view of the vast amount of data being gathered by direct detectors and generated by image processing by this community, I thought that perhaps some of you may have concerns or suggestions that would be useful to the Office of Science Policy.

NIH Request for Information (RFI): Strategies for NIH Data Management, Sharing, and Citation
https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-17-015.html

>From the introduction:
"This Request for Information (RFI) seeks public comments on data management and sharing strategies and priorities in order to consider: (1) how digital scientific data generated from NIH-funded research should be managed, and to the fullest extent possible, made publicly available; and, (2) how to set standards for citing shared data and software."

The request is in two sections:
Section I.         Data Sharing Strategy Development
Section II.        Inclusion of Data and Software Citation in NIH Research Performance Progress Reports   (RPPR) and Grant Applications

Thank you
Paula

Paula Flicker, Ph.D.
Program Director
National Institute of General Medical Sciences