[3dem] FW: 3-D printable CARTRIDGE boxes!

Bowman, Valorie D vdb at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 23 05:19:00 PDT 2015

Valorie Bowman

vdb at purdue.edu

Senior Research Electron Microscopist
Purdue Cryo EM Facility
Purdue University
________________________________
From: Bowman, Valorie D
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 8:17 AM
To: Michael Saur
Subject: RE: [3dem] 3-D printable CARTRIDGE boxes!

Dear Michael,
Fantastic idea!

And for those of us using a Titan or other microscope with an autoloader requiring grids in cartridges we could also print modified cryo grid boxes with slots specially sized for cartridges.  Thanks to a very talented machinist we have hundreds of cryo grid boxes, but we are constantly running out of those boxes with the wider slots required for grids loaded into cartridges.  I've modified several myself with a drill press, but it's time consuming.

Imagine being able to print them.  Wow, I love it!

Valorie Bowman

vdb at purdue.edu