[3dem] Open IT scientific computing support position at EMBL

Carsten Sachse carsten.sachse at embl.de
Wed May 6 05:10:36 PDT 2015

Dear list members,

At EMBL, we seek to fill an IT position to support our computing activities of the Structural and Computational Biology Unit. Please forward the information to the appropriate candidate.

The Engineer for Scientific Computing will handle the following responsibilities:
- Development and support of the scientific computing environment of the Unit.
- Support scientists to leverage EMBL’s high-performance computing power in computational workflows and scientific data analysis.
- Assist scientists in setting up customized solutions for data analysis and processing.
- Linux server administration including system setup, OS deployment and software maintenance.
- Support a network of about 100 Linux and Windows desktop and laptop workstations including OS and end user software deployment, network integration and troubleshooting of hardware and software issues.
- Maintenance of a mainly Linux-based software repository for electron microscopy, X-ray crystallography, NMR and visualisation software including compilation and optimisation. IT support of the in-house crystallization and metabolomics research facilities.
- Participation in EMBL-wide infrastructure and networking projects such as Bio-IT.

For more details follow the link below.
http://ig14.i-grasp.com//fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=53771&aid=15470

Best wishes,

Carsten