[3dem] JSB Special Issue on Recent Advances in New Technologies and Applications for Molecular TEM.

Bridget Carragher bcarr at nysbc.org
Tue May 5 08:07:29 PDT 2015

Special Issue on Recent Advances in New Technologies and Applications for Molecular TEM.

The Journal of Structural Biology invites submissions to a special issue on Recent Advances in New Technologies and Applications for Molecular TEM.   This special issue will aim to highlight many of the new technologies and applications that have recently had a dramatic impact on molecular microscopy.

We invite submission of manuscripts of relevance to any area of new technologies, applications, and results.  Topics of interest include, but are not necessarily limited to:

·      Hardware advances (camera technologies, data acquisition, data processing).

·      Algorithms and software for data acquisition, motion corrections and other technologies that take advantage of new hardware.

·      Software packages that integrate new technologies into the process of reconstructing 3D maps.

·      Biological resutls enabled by these new technologies.

We seek manuscripts that are theoretical, methodological, or issue-focused in addition to those that report original research.  We will also consider review papers that provide an overview and summary of any of the relevant topics of interest.

We will be happy to receive papers as soon as possible with a final deadline for receipt of June 30 2015.

Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed using the criteria of the Journal of Structural Biology (see http://www.academicpress.com/jsb <http://www.academicpress.com/jsb>).

Please submit your manuscript through the normal channels at JSB and choose the "SI: New Technologies for Molecular TEM" as the article type when submitting your manuscript.

Best regards,
Bridget Carragher
Clint Potter

Bridget Carragher
Electron Microscopy Group
New York Structural Biology Center
89 Convent Avenue, New York NY 10027
(212) 939-0660;  bcarr at nysbc.org
National Resource for Automated Molecular Microscopy
http://nramm.nysbc.org <http://nramm.nysbc.org/>