[3dem] The Astbury BioStructure Laboratory

Neil Ranson N.A.Ranson at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 10:13:32 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I'd like to draw your attention to some tremendously exciting news about a major investment in Structural Molecular Biology at the University of Leeds that was announced this week:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/3701/university_funds_17m_structural_biology_lab

We will be investing ~£17M to establish the Astbury BioStructure Laboratory, which will be equipped with a UHF NMR spectrometer, two 300kV energy-filtered TEMs with direct detectors, and scientific support. The aim is to provide truly world-class facilities for structural biology projects and collaborations, which will be embedded within the vibrant, interdisciplinary Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology (http://www.astbury.leeds.ac.uk<http://www.astbury.leeds.ac.uk/>).

Work to deliver this is beginning right now, and we are actively seeking outstanding scientists at all levels to join us in Leeds and take advantage of these facilities. Please contact us to informally discuss future opportunities.

Leeds is a fantastic place to live and work: a vibrant city with  excellent national and international transport links, surrounded by easily accessible, beautiful countryside.

Kind regards,

Neil Ranson, Director of EM, Astbury BioStructure Laboratory (n.a.ranson at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:n.a.ranson at leeds.ac.uk>).
Sheena Radford FMedSci FRS, Director of the Astbury Centre (s.e.radford at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:s.e.radford at leeds.ac.uk>)

Dr Neil Ranson | Associate Professor of Structural Molecular Biology
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology
School of Molecular & Cellular Biology
University of Leeds | LEEDS | LS2 9JT |  UK.
Astbury Building: Room 8.108
Tel:  0113 343 7065 | E: n.a.ranson at leeds.ac.uk