[3dem] Faculty positions in CryoEM, biological imaging, biological physics

Per Bullough p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 10:44:30 PDT 2015

We are continuing with our rolling recruitment for new faculty positions in Sheffield; these have been funded through a new initiative in biological imaging. In particular we are looking to recruit in the area of high resolution biological cryoEM at the cellular and molecular level. Anyone from junior faculty level coming out of a postdoc to senior professorial level is of interest. The University is prepared to invest generously in new instrumentation and refurbishment to accommodate the new appointees. We have recently purchased a 200kV FEI Arctica with direct electron detector. Further investments in instrumentation and personnel will be made, depending on the needs of new appointees; this will include the recruitment of a senior experimental officer (SEO) to help with the new science. This SEO post will be advertised once we have made relevant faculty appointments.

We can offer a very vibrant intellectual and collaborative environment in Sheffield. The quality of life in Sheffield is outstanding, with very easy access to the Peak District National Park and easy connections to London and other major cities.

Please find further details attached. This is a rolling programme, and if you are not sure that you can meet the next deadline for application, please contact me as soon as possible to discuss.

Thanks and very best wishes

Per Bullough