[3dem] Staff scientist position at the Wadsworth Center

Agrawal, Rajendra (HEALTH) rajendra.agrawal at health.ny.gov
Fri Jul 24 08:38:59 PDT 2015

A permanent Staff Scientist position in cryo-EM is available at Wadsworth Center, NY State Department of Health, Albany, NY.  We seek applications from highly motivated individuals specializing in various aspects of high-resolution electron microscopy. Responsibilities for this position include the maintenance of high-end electron microscopes and ancillary equipment, cryo-specimen preparation, data collection, and management. The new hire will be expected to actively support grant-funded projects and the development of new grant applications. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We have excellent institutional support and infrastructure, including a state-of-the-art JEOL 3200 FSC/PP microscope with an in-column energy filter and a K2 Summit direct-electron detector camera. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing their relevant experience, curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least three references to wcphgc at health.ny.gov<mailto:wcphgc at health.ny.gov>,  with "3D-EM" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and reviewed as they are received. AA/EOE.

Thank you,

-Raj Agrawal

Rajendra K. Agrawal, Ph.D.
Research Scientist VI