[3dem] Vitrobot: Humidifier error "empty"

Wim Hagen hagen at embl.de
Wed Sep 24 13:54:42 PDT 2014

Hi Rogelio,

On older models (at least Mark2)  this is the original humidifier: http://www.reptilica.de/Hobby-Hygro-Plus-terrarium-fogger.phtml

Judging from the fancy error message I assume you have a Mark4, no idea what humidifier is used for those but since the machine complains about level, maybe it is using a simpel floater which might be stuck after cleaning, I would try a gentle "technical-hammer-hit”, nothing to loose….

A sponge in a small cup of water placed in the chamber left of the blot pads wil give 85% to 90% RHM at room temperature on our Mark2. Here’s an example of one of our manual blotting devices which also uses the sponge-in-cup, this one gets to 85%:

Best,

Wim Hagen
EMBL Heidelberg