[3dem] Vitrobot: Humidifier error "empty"

Bob Grassucci rg2502 at columbia.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:49:47 PDT 2014

Hi Rogelio,
We had this problem but it turned out that the fan in the back of the
chamber which disperses the humidity was not running and therefore the
water just sat on top of the entrance and would eventually leak out.
Possibility 2  is that you are not getting any from the outer to inner
vessel because it is air locked as I was told when I faced this
problem.   Do not fill the cylinder completely use about 40 ml rather
than the full 50 suggested in the manual.
Possibility 3 as John R. said could be the sonicator not working but can
be checked by observing the water surface with the cylinder detached
(should be vibrating)  Don't get splashed. Either the cyllinder is not
working or the controller board is shot then you need and alternative
source of water vapor.
Possibility 4 is that the sensor is faulty and the humidity is at the
correct level but not registering properly.  Use another sensor to check
the real humidity level.

Good luck.
Bob