[3dem] Biological TEM Standards

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Oct 15 07:46:46 PDT 2014

>>> 15.10.2014 um 16:36:
> This may not be clear from David's message, but you can buy already prepared

> TEM grids of negatively stained catalase from at least two sources: Ted
Pella
> and Electron Microscopy Sciences.

this might be true - but this "eliminates" one important step - the sample
preparation.
Personally, I will always try to have this step included in teaching or
demonstrating EM to the 'un-experienced' - it is so important; it is one of the
key steps. - Even a 'not optimally' prepared biological sample is valuable for
teaching, and for explaining the difficulties.
kind regards,
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg
mail reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
office: VKL 3.1.29

Next microscopy conferences:
http://www.mc2015.de
DGE - Microscopy Conference 2015, Sept 6-11, Göttingen
http://www.emc2016.fr/en/
16th Europ Microsc Congress EMC 2016 in Lyon, FR
next Microbiol. conferences:
VAAM - Annual Conf March 1-4, 2015, Marburg