[3dem] Uranyl Formate powder lifetime

rkhayat at ccny.cuny.edu rkhayat at ccny.cuny.edu
Wed Nov 19 07:15:55 PST 2014

Hi Fabien,

I've stored 1%UF at -80dC for over a year without any
issues. If the solution becomes green, it's gone bad. A
1%UF solution at room temp for a couple of hours will go
bad. This is predominantly because of its light
sensitivity. A 1%UF solution at room temp in the dark does
not turn green even after 8 hours, but that doesn't mean it
hasn't gone partially bad.

I don't have an answer for your power question.

Best wishes,
Reza

Reza Khayat, PhD
Assistant Professor