[3dem] insured cryoholder shipment

benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch
Tue May 20 08:37:44 PDT 2014

Dear list members,

A slightly off topic question: has anyone experience with shipping expensive products for repair to the US and having transport insured against loss and damage?
We need to send a cryoholder to the US for repair. We are of course ready to pay for an insurance but my concern is that if we declare the value of the holder, an invoice for several 1000s dollars taxes might be issued by US customs on the way out, and same by Swiss customs when the holder is sent back to us after repair.  So far I could not get clear answers from courrier companies.

Thank you in advance
Benoit

--
Benoît Zuber