[3dem] Cryoholder stabilisation problem

Emmanuelle Neumann emmanuelle.neumann at ibs.fr
Wed Mar 26 03:18:50 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

on our previous cryo-microscope (FEI CM200), we used to work with the Gatan 626 cryoholder. Since we acquired a new microscope (FEI TF20), despite a new sensitive cryoholder (Gatan 914, especially manufactured for electron tomography), we wanted to continue to work with the Gatan 626 cryoholder (less sensitive) for routine cryomicroscopy.
Unfortunately we are not able to work with it as, even at room temperature, we measure a huge drift (no stabilisation even after a long time!).
Did someone already have this kind of problem  with a cryoholder which has always well worked by the past?

Best,

Dr. Emmanuelle Neumann
IBS2 - MEM
Campus EPN