[3dem] set up for automatic filling of a cryo-holder 626 with N2.

Morgan Beeby m.beeby at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 04:18:54 PDT 2014

Daniel,

John Trinick and colleagues published a paper describing use of the
Norhoff pump and Leginon:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20817100

Nicholson WV, White H, Trinick J. An approach to automated acquisition of
cryoEM images from lacey carbon grids. J Struct Biol. 2010 Dec;172(3):395-9. doi:
10.1016/j.jsb.2010.08.014. Epub 2010 Sep 8.

We are planning a similar approach here at Imperial in the near future,
but have not gotten to it yet...

Morgan

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Morgan Beeby, Ph.D.
Lecturer in Structural Biology
Department of Life Sciences
Sir Ernst Chain Building
Imperial College London
South Kensington Campus
London SW7 2AZ
United Kingdom
(t) +44 (0)20 7594 5251
(f) +44 (0)20 7594 3057
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/people/m.beeby

On 17/03/14 08:59, Eric Gilles Hanssen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> We have a Norhoff system here, it works like charm for either the
> holder or the microscope. It is a little fiddly with the holder but it
> does work.
> Cheers
> Eric
>

> Eric Hanssen
>
> Senior Research Fellow -Advanced Microscopy Facility
> Adjunct Senior Fellow - Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
>
> Bio21 Institute - 30 flemington rd - 3010
> www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au <http://www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au>
>

> On 17 Mar 2014, at 19:43, "Levy Daniel" <Daniel.Levy at curie.fr
> <mailto:Daniel.Levy at curie.fr>> wrote:
>
>> Dear users of side entry cryo-holders (that still exist I guess)
>>
>> We have a technai G2 EM with a TVIPS camera. The software for the
>> acquisition of multi tomograms is quite good but we are limited in
>> cryo by the filling of the cryo-holder. I wonder if someone has built
>> a set up for a time-controlled filling of a Gatan 626 cryo-holder ?
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Daniel Lévy
>>
>> UMR CNRS 168 Institut Curie
>>
>> 11 rue P.M.Curie