[3dem] Electron Microscopy Pilot Image ARchive - EMPIAR!

Ardan Patwardhan ardan at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jun 2 23:46:57 PDT 2014

Dear all

We, PDBe, were recently awarded funding by MRC and BBSRC to set up a public archive for raw image data (micrographs, particles, and tilt-series) related to EMDB entries over the next three years. We already have a skeletal system with 7 datasets, including a few multi-frame direct electron detector datasets, which can be accessed via http://pdbe.org/empiar.

It would help us enormously to have more datasets and if you have datasets you may be willing to contribute, please feel free to contact me (ardan at ebi.ac.uk).

Also, we are still in the early days of setting up the web access and it would be useful to know about your experience in using it.

Many thanks and best wishes

Ardan Patwardhan
Project leader electron microscopy & PDBe production
Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe)
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
Tel: +44 1223 492649