[3dem] Faculty position in cryoEM/tomography/cell biology

Per Bullough p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 09:48:27 PDT 2014

We have several new faculty positions available in Sheffield; these have been funded through a new initiative in biological imaging at Sheffield. In particular we are looking for someone with interests in cellular EM and/or tomography- there's no particular restriction on research topic (the job description mentions prokaryotes but this can be ignored). Anyone from junior faculty level coming out of a postdoc to senior professorial level is of interest. The University is prepared to invest generously in new instrumentation and refurbishment to accommodate the new appointee. We also intend to recruit a senior experimental officer (SEO) to help with the new science. This SEO post will be advertised once we have made the faculty appointment.

If you are interested, please don't hesitate to get in touch or if you know of someone who might be interested please pass on the message. Our Nature advert for the faculty position is attached.

Thanks and very best wishes

Per Bullough

Prof. Per A. Bullough
Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research
Dept. of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
University of Sheffield
Firth Court
Western Bank
Sheffield S10 2TN