[3dem] Search for a new faculty member in Cryo-EM at the University Colorado School of Medicine

Kieft, Jeffrey Jeffrey.Kieft at ucdenver.edu
Mon Feb 10 14:51:45 PST 2014

Colleagues: The following advertisement is (or shortly will be) appearing in Science and Nature. I encourage all qualified individuals to apply.

The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine invites applications for faculty in the area of structural biology, with a focus on the use of single particle cryo-electron microscopy or mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Ideal candidates will integrate these methods with a variety of structural biology and biochemical techniques to address fundamental questions in molecular biology.  We are seeking an entry level (Assistant Professor) or mid-career (Associate Professor) colleague.

Successful candidates will be expected to establish an innovative, independent and collaborative research program and participate in teaching. They will join a highly interactive, interdisciplinary group of faculty, students, and fellows, and enjoy access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities on our new campus. Candidates must hold a PhD (or equivalent) degree and have a strong record of research accomplishment.

Applicants should submit via jobsatcu.com, a CV, a brief (no more than 2 pages) description of research accomplishments and plans, and names of at least three people who can write a letter of reference.

We will begin reviewing applications as they are submitted; for full consideration submit by March 15, 2014.

Jeffrey S. Kieft, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Lab website:
http://www.medschool.ucdenver.edu/KieftLab
For mail/packages:
Jeffrey Kieft
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
Mail Stop 8101
12801 East 17th Avenue, Room L18-9110
Aurora, CO 80045

phone: 303-724-3257