[3dem] Unrecognised CryoEM contaminant 2

DANIEL.LUQUE.BUZO.40704 dluque at cnb.csic.es
Mon Apr 21 09:57:12 PDT 2014

  Hello,

Thank you for all the suggestions that I have received. After try several
of the suggested solutions, the problem have been finally solved by
ultracentrifugating the samples in Caesium chloride. With this approach, it
is possible to obtain an homogeneous population of particles without the
unrecognised impurities. Thus, the problem (as some of you suggested) came
from the sample and not from the vitrification process. I hope that this
information can be useful of someone find a similar problem.

Thank you all for your kind answers and help

Daniel