[3dem] "leopard skin" ice

Lynne.Waddington at csiro.au Lynne.Waddington at csiro.au
Sat Nov 23 16:04:05 PST 2013

________________________________

Hi All

This has been very interesting. In Australia it is definitely snake-skin, no shaving necessary...  I have interpreted it in the same way as Willem, and I do see it increasing over time, especially toward the end of the day after I’ve loaded a number of cryo grids. The cure has been to do a really good cryo cycle overnight and in the morning everything is fine again.

However, on Friday my first grid of the day was extremely snakey, but subsequent grids were fine, so something else must be going on.

I am following this post with great interest!

Lynne

Lynne Waddington
CryoTEM facility
CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering