[3dem] EM Research Position at OHSU

James Chen james.z.chen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 11:00:30 PST 2013

Postdoctoral research positions are available immediately in the
laboratory of Dr. James Chen at the Department of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU),
Portland, OR.

The research focus of the Chen Lab is on molecular and cellular EM
imaging, with technical development and structural biology projects.
Our work is facilitated by the OHSU-FEI Living Lab, which is equipped
with a Titan Krios cryo-electron microscope (including a direct
detector), a Helios DualBeam microscope, an integrated electron and
light microscope (Tecnai iCorr), a super-resolution fluorescence
microscope, and other accessory instruments.  We also collaborate with
Intel on developing and utilizing advanced computing architectures for
“big data” image analysis, particularly on the PARTICLE platform
(www.image-analysis.net/EM).

Highly motivated individuals with a Ph.D. (or within six months of
graduation) in the natural sciences are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated expertise in
biochemistry, protein chemistry, and molecular modeling.  Applicants
should send a cover letter describing research experience and
interests, a curriculum vitae, and the contact information of three
references to James Chen at chezh at ohsu.edu.

Regards,

James