[3dem] How to determine a symmetry of a ring particle?

Penczek, Pawel A Pawel.A.Penczek at uth.tmc.edu
Mon Jan 14 07:55:36 PST 2013

Hi,

the method described in the paper mentioned below, while strives to build a statistical test,
neglects the fact that alignment compromises statistical independence of noise and signal.
As a result, the t-test as proposed in the paper is not applicable.

Regards,
—
Pawel A. Penczek, Ph.D.
Professor
Structural Biology Imaging Center, Director
The University of Texas
phone: 713-500-5416
fax: 713-500-0652
http://www.uth.tmc.edu/bmb/faculty/pawel-penczek.html