[3dem] Graphene oxide!

Henning Stahlberg henning.stahlberg at unibas.ch
Fri Apr 19 00:01:18 PDT 2013

Dear Christian,

As far as I understand, Graphene Oxide is hydrophilic, but the oxidation destroys those good properties that pristine Graphene has.
Radosav Pantelic worked on methods for making Graphene hydrophilic for use in EM, and has published a few papers on this. His most interesting paper, however, is currently still under review and should be available in the near future, hopefully.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=pantelic+r

All the best,

Henning.

Henning Stahlberg, PhD
Prof. for Structural Biology, C-CINA, Biozentrum, University Basel
Mattenstrasse 26 | D-BSSE | WRO-1058 | CH-4058 Basel | Switzerland
http://c-cina.org | Tel. +41-61-387 32 62