[3dem] Postdoc position in protein structural modeling and EM image data analysis

Gunnar Schroeder gu.schroeder at fz-juelich.de
Fri Apr 19 00:37:34 PDT 2013

Postdoc position in protein structural modeling and EM image data analysis

We have an opening for a Postdoc position in the Computational Structural Biology Group
(www.schroderlab.org) at the Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany.

Our group is working on modeling and refinement of protein structures with
low-resolution data from X-ray crystallography and Cryo-EM experiments.
We are further developing methods to analyze the heterogeneity and conformational
variance of macromolecular structures from single-particle data.

We are combining information from structural modeling and molecular dynamics
simulations with image analysis, with the goal of determining conformational variability,
improving the resolution of 3D reconstructions and building more accurate protein
structures.

The Forschungszentrum Jülich is one of the largest research centers in Europe, with
about 5,000 employees.  The research center hosts Europe's fastest supercomputer
(JUQUEEN) and is therefore well-equipped to approach even challenging computational
projects.

The successful candidate should have a good computational background including
solid programming experience.  In addition, experience in image data analysis and/or
simulation/modeling of protein structures will be an advantage.

If you are interested please send your application including CV and names of three
references by email to Gunnar Schroeder (gu.schroeder at fz-juelich.de)

Jun.-Prof. Dr. Gunnar F. Schröder
Computational Structural Biology Group
Institute of Complex Systems (ICS-6)